Learning from time 0 is used to configure a "real time" strategy for the data analysis and system control.
- Streams provide real time processing of data "on the wire" - nothing need be stored. The output of this is three fold:
- "Live" reports for users
- A data subset to feed to the data warehouse
- Control signals to feed back to the data collectors to adjust behavior (if needed).
- Netezza (Data Warehouse) provides a location where "fast" analysis on a "limited" subset of the data can occur.
- Adjust the control models
- Change which data subsets are warehoused
- Perform ad hoc deep dive analysis.
- Perform regular analysis on data sets which are too large to reasonably warehouse (e.g. raw scan data).